The General Manager is responsible for the daily operations of a quick service restaurant and to manage a full-service wait staff ensuring the highest customer service in a demanding environment, managing all operations efficiently with advanced knowledge of food/labor costs.
The General Manager is distinguished from a typical restaurant manager in that the General Manager is responsible for the direct supervision, coaching and evaluation of all staff performance. It is further distinguished from a typical restaurant manager position in that the General Manager performs other related duties in support of overall restaurant operations, including labor costs and food control and the ability to support management in operational assignments such as: providing set-up and operational direction for additional restaurant locations.
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. The General Manager establishes service and table protocols in a fast-food dining environment.
2. Greets customers and guests and fosters a solid presence and a professional and calm demeanor at all times.
3. Arranges tables, chairs and ensures all dining areas are clean and sanitized as necessary.
4. Maintains oversight of all dining room operations and provides quick resolutions to any guest concerns.
5. Defines service and staffing levels based on changing restaurant needs.
6. Guide, coach and counsel staff on front counter and tableside manners and service delivery.
7. Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiates improvements; builds relationships with established customers and patrons.
8. Effectively interacts with Back-of-the-House and support staff and maintains open communication.
9. Orders meats, vegetables, breads and all other food items required to maintain a full-service menu.